The NFT way 🛤️
Metaversal is a Bankless newsletter for weekly level-ups on NFTs, virtual worlds, & collectibles
Dear Bankless Nation,
There’s much to do, and much to say. One thing’s clear, though.
We’re leaving the old ways.
Yet the “new” — or rather the range of futures that can arrive through the many open paths in front of us — is extremely moldable and in flux. We should never lose sight of that, meaning we can’t get complacent.
Keep building, keep dreaming, keep educating. That’s the NFT way.
🙏 Sponsor: Zerion—Your Gateway to the Metaverse✨
🏆 Digital Collectibles
- CryptoPunk 6046 just received a whopping 2,500 ETH bid! However, it’s not for sale ...
- Paradigm researchers Anish Agnihotri and Hasu published “A Guide to Designing Effective NFT Launches,” consider it a must-read!
- Droid PFP project Robotos introduced Robopets, a spinoff collection for Robotos holders.
- Artist Matt Kane unveiled SuperRare’s first Series, i.e. a custom smart contract system for unique groups of art, with The Door.
- Visa is creating an NFT support program for artists.
- How about an artist support program from within the NFT space, too? Check out the Rabbit Fellowship.
🎮 NFT Games
- Axie Infinity published its October Development Update report.
- Don’t miss “Play L2 Games with L1 assets,” an interesting write-up by Wrasslers creator Sammy Bauch.
🌐 Virtual Worlds
- DAO universities and metaversal classrooms? On the horizon!
- Cryptovoxels is launching Facebook logins.
- Open metaverse wiz Jin has a few ideas on how to decentralized the metaverse:
🛒 NFT News & Platforms
- Coinbase announced its launching an NFT platform later this year.
- Zora opened its protocol to support all types of NFTs.
- Decentralized autonomous artist project Botto airdropped BOTTO tokens to holders of Async Art, Art Blocks, BAYC, CryptoPunks, Meebits, SuperRare, and Foundation NFTs.
- ENS now allows you to set an NFT as the display image for .eth domains.
- Beware, a new type of Discord scam is targeting NFT users.
- Lost when it comes to NFTs and taxes? This week accountant Brad Barrett offered some illuminating, albeit informal, insights on the subject.
💎 DeFi x NFTs
- NFT marketplace aggregator Genie has passed $12M in trade volume.
- NFTX collaborated with Rari Protocol on the launch of a NFTX Pool on Fuse.
- 🎼 Read “How to mint music NFTs” by Metaversal
- 🎮 Read “Axie Infinity Economics 101” by Metaversal
- ⛓️ Read “How to collect NFTs on Layer 2” by Bankless
- 📺 Watch “Crypto Gaming Panel | Loot Squad, Yield Guild, Illuvium” by Bankless
🙏Thanks to our sponsor
With Zerion, you can invest in DeFi from one place—now fully revamped for your NFT collection!
So you spent months building up your collection, but you’re still viewing your NFTs on a website that looks like it’s stuck in 2015? Have some fun with Zerion – send NFTs between wallets, convert them to iPhone widgets and flex them on your Apple Watch - all alongside your entire crypto portfolio.
👉 Look out for Zerion’s L2 Support & Cross-Chain Composability.
Not financial or tax advice. This newsletter is strictly educational and is not investment advice or a solicitation to buy or sell any assets or to make any financial decisions. This newsletter is not tax advice. Talk to your accountant. Do your own research.
Disclosure. From time-to-time I may add links in this newsletter to products I use. I may receive commission if you make a purchase through one of these links. Additionally, the Bankless writers hold crypto assets. See our investment disclosures here.