NFT quests 🤺
Dear Bankless Nation,
In 2018, it was a crypto bear market and there were barely any NFT projects to use.
Four years later, crypto and NFT prices may be way down from their previous ATHs again amid this bear, yet this time around there are a ton of different things you can do around NFTs.
For example, now you can readily create a free Halloween-themed open edition via Manifold or Zora. Or start your first web3 social media account on Lenster. Or back up your NFTs, trade NFT options, DIY your own PFP collection, and so much more!
Diving into and experimenting with these sorts of NFT quests is the best thing you can do to stay sharp on the frontiers of our ecosystem in the years ahead. Try, try, try. In the meantime, have a great weekend everyone! Thanks kindly for reading ✌️
📣 General NFT News
- Gem added support for OpenRarity:
- Golden, a knowledge graph and public data NFT protocol, announced its $40M Series B raise.
- House of Nouns, a “governance client” for Nouns DAO, launched its v1 app.
- Linagee Name Registrar, the recently rediscovered NFT project, saw huge levels of minting activity on Ethereum this week.
- Manifold launched Paid Claim Pages and Manifold Gallery.
- OpenSea added support for bulk listing and bulk buying and open-sourced SeaDrop, which is NFT drop infra for EVM chains:
- VeeFriends entered into a partnership with Macy’s and Toys“R”Us.
- Zapper added support for Optimism NFTs.
🏆 Digital Collectibles
- Chimpers unveiled Dojo Battles for the collection’s NFT holders:
- CryptoPunk 5944, a Zombie Punk, resold for 980 ETH:
- Moonbirds shared its DAO plans.
- Art Blocks introduced the details of its upcoming 2.0 system.
- Async Art created a new bespoke page for XCOPY’s iconic Grifters series:
- Museum of Crypto Art (M○C△) received a $100k grant from the Filecoin Foundation to create the The Museum of Crypto Art Archive for its artworks.
- SuperRare begins fielding curatorial proposals today for its Space Race #4 program.
🎮 Decentralized Gaming
- Axie Infinity published its October Dev Update and updated its SLP burn system.
- Aavegotchi published its September Update.
💽 Music NFTs
- Catalog published a playlist of the newest musicians on the platform.
- sound.xyz introduced the Sound Developer Docs.
🌐 Virtual Worlds
- briq, an NFT building protocol, is featured in the new dappland StarkNet ecosystem explorer.
- Fumio Kishida, Japan’s Prime Minister, said his administration would be investing further in metaverse and NFT projects.
💎 DeFi x NFTs
- 1inch entered into a partnership with NFT domains project Unstoppable Domains.
- Waterfall introduced itself as a new on-chain NFT pricing and trading protocol.
🔥 Read the State of Ethereum Report - Q3 2022 by Ben Giove in the Bankless newsletter
📺 Watch the What Happens Next in Crypto | Fiskantes and Matti livestream on the Bankless YouTube channel
📺 Watch the Current State of NFTs | Garyvee livestream on Bankless
🌱 Watch the PublicNouns.wtf interview on Green Pill
🙇 Catch up on my other write-ups from this week: