NFT Builders Aren't Slowing Down
Dear Bankless Nation,
Crypto prices may be down this week, but intrigue is up around the NFT ecosystem.
That’s because we’re still seeing a ton of interesting advances throughout the space, basically in any direction we look. The building hasn’t slowed — if anything its continuing to steadily ramp up across the board.
So don’t get too spooked by prices. They go up, they go down, ‘round and ‘round.
What you should play close attention to are projects’ fundamentals, and many NFT projects’ fundamentals have never been stronger. That’s what really counts now and going forward.
🏆 Digital Collectibles
The biggest CryptoPunk sale this week? 400 ETH for Punk #1190, a rare zombie.
U.S. financial weekly Barron’s is auctioning the covers of its 1st and 100th issues via SuperRare.
In Sotheby’s “Natively Digital” curated sale next month, the major auction house will be auctioning off NFT artworks by leading cryptoartists like Sarah Zucker, Matt Kane, XCOPY, and Art Blocks’s curated creators.
Artist Stefano Contiero released his generative art series Frammenti as a curated Art Blocks drop today.
Beeple’s first work on SuperRare, a collaboration with TIME Magazine called TIME: The Future of Business, sold for 126.5 ETH.
🕹️ Blockchain Games
- You can now purchase Wrapped Ether (WETH) directly on Axie Infinity’s Ronin sidechain via Ramp Network!
- This summer global fantasy ⚽ game Sorare is launching Global Nations, a “new international tournament for the Copa America and the Euros.”
- Pixelcraft Studios, the team behind DeFi-NFT game Aavegotchi, is looking to hire a Director of Marketing.
- The Guild of Guardians NFT Founder Sale is kicking off next week.
🌐 Virtual Worlds
- Metaverse project Wilder World revealed it’s building its virtual realm atop NFT scaling solution Immutable X.
- The WIP Meetup crew just held their Season 4 finale event in Cryptovoxels.
🛒 NFT Platforms
- OpenSea launched a “Music” category 🎶
- NFT social platform Nifty’s is looking to hire an NFT curator!
- Ethereum wallet Rainbow released Rainbow Web Profiles, so users can get the same viewing experience in their browsers that they enjoy from the Rainbow mobile app.
- BLING, a luxury and lifestyle NFT marketplace on Polygon, has arrived.
💎 DeFi x NFTs
- Yam Finance is getting ready to launch $uPUNKs, a tokenized derivative that tracks the value of the CryptoPunks market, through the coming Yam Synths platform.
- NFT fractionalization protocol Unicly launched v2 yield farms around its uTokens, which represent fractionalized NFT collections.
- Uniswap v3 LP NFTs don’t break Uniswap’s ability to facilitate liquidity mining, per Paradigm.
- NFTfi, a marketplace for NFT collateralized loans, whitelisted a handful of NFT projects this week including Proof of Beauty, MakersPlace, and Bored Ape Club for loans.