DeFi Arts Intelligencer - Dec. 26th, 2020
Welcome to the 49th issue of the DeFi Arts Intelligencer, your weekly source for key happenings around Ethereum art, collectibles, games, finance, and more. Subscribe here.
Thanks to the Intelligencer’s sponsor this month, F1 Delta Time! The NFT sports arena is blooming, and F1 Delta Time is one of the biggest projects in that sector right now. The Formula 1 blockchain-based game has brought in 100s of ETH worth of transactions in recent weeks, which shows the game is booming lately. Keep it on your radar accordingly!
For this dispatch:
🎨 Digital Art & Collectibles
- Legendary NFT maestro Pranksy sold masked zombie CryptoPunk 3831 for 99.99 ETH …
- The artist Hidden Forces sold the master layer of “Who’s the Controller Now?” on Async Art for 5 ETH …
- Black cryptoartists have collectively made +1,100 ETH in sales so far this year …
- DJ 3LAU played an epic set for the “Release the Kraken” Xmas party at Kraken HQ in Decentraland this week …
- Speaking of virtual worlds, there was a spate of major Cryptovoxels sales this week too …
🕹️ Blockchain Games
- The Axie Infinity team released a testnet version of its Ronin sidechain.
- Axie Infinity also published an excellent primer on the ins and outs of Mystic Axies. Don’t miss this one …
- No-loss Ethereum savings game PoolTogether opened up a dedicated UNI prize pool …
- The latest version of dark forest, a decentralized rts game, is out!
♦️♦️ DeFi News
- Decentralized exchange aggregator 1inch airdropped its 1INCH governance token to past users of the protocol.
- Borrowing and lending protocol Aave published an explainer on its V2 system design upgrade.
- 📰 “How to collect programmable art” - me, for Bankless
- 📰 “TokenSmart NFT Humpday Report #13: Let's Talk On-Chain Royalties!”- me, for nft42
- 📺 “NFT Artist Hidden Forces at work!” - Bitcoinlive
- Be sure to check out my cryptoart gallery starter pack! You can earn 0.8 ETH by referring the OpenSea bundle as well …
Thanks for reading, and stay creative on- and off-chain!
Keep an 👁️ out for the 1st issue of Metaversal this time next week, too. Cheers ✌️ DeFi Arts Intelligencer, signing off.
About DeFi Arts Intelligencer
The DeFi Arts Intelligencer was curated by me, William M. Peaster, a professional writer and editor who’s been tracking the Ethereum and DeFi beats in recent years. It is being rebranded to Metaversal through Bankless starting in 2021.
I’m passionate about art and a DeFi/NFT optimist, so putting together this newsletter is both fun and informative for me. I hope others may find the content helpful, too. But be mindful, the information herein should not be construed as investment advice. I’m not a financial adviser, and these are my opinions. Always take care to seriously consider the various layers of risk you face in participating in the still-maturing cryptoeconomy.
If you have a DeFi tip or lead, questions or comments, or would be interested in commissioning me for a writing gig, you can ping me at email@example.com or on Telegram at @wmpeaster.
If you enjoy this newsletter and want to support it, feel free to subscribe or have a like-minded friend subscribe as well. I have collected NFTs open for offers, too, as well as my own art NFTs available. Tips also accepted at wmpeaster.eth. Thanks kindly!